The Sunday Post #8 Still weak after Sickness...


"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme" (From Caffeinated Reviewer blog)

Luckily, my monkey is kind of over the flu, thank goodness, so its back to trains, trains, and even more trains. For New Years, he got a cool railway set along with a booklet showing him other products made by the same company. He has also been reminding me what he wants for next upcoming New Years, which includes everything in the booklet. Also, his birthday is coming up on March 23rd...We tried going walking today, but apparently I underestimated the flu and that he hasn't fully healed yet from it, which means the walk was cut too short. 

We also have been enjoying looking at a dinosaur book we checked out from the library which has lots of pictures of different creatures from beginnings of earth to human beings, which I am enjoying. 

Reading-wise, I am still reading and really enjoying Forgotten Reflections by Young-Im Lee and The Master and the Maid by Laura Libricz, and no, I'm not even halfway there yet! 

Last week on the blog: 

N/A

This week on the blog:

Blood by Maggie Gee

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

New arrivals:


Comments

  1. When my niece is old enough to talk, I’m sure she’ll want ALL the toys. I feel like she already has them all. My whole house is covered in her stuff. I hope your monkey feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL around my house are toy cars, railroad trucks and trains :) Thanks Aj@Read All The Things! I don't even want to mention how many library books about trains, both fiction and non fiction my monkey has checked out...

      Delete
  2. I’m glad your monkey is feeling better. I hope your are enjoying your current reads.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shelleyrae @ Book'd out. He is back to his old self, thank goodness, which means trains, trains and more trains. So far I'm liking my current reads, what about you? Hope you're enjoying yours!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read Little Women with all the hub-bub around the newest movie version. Glad your son is feeling better! It's so hard when they're under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good book in my opinion :) although I don't think I liked the sermonizing all that much. I hope you'll get a chance to read it and enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. It has been years since I read Little Women; mostly when I was very young. But I did read it again after I had started blogging, and enjoyed the familiarity of it, while also seeing new things in the reread. I want to see the new movie.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My younger sister saw the movie and said she loved it. I'm not sure if she read Little Women or not. I actually read Little Women namely because I wanted to be prepared to read The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper for Fresh Fiction. (Still need to do that) which tells the Alcott story from the youngest sister, May Alcott (one that Amy is based on...)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022