Waiting on Wednesday


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here, at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.

At long last I finally got Darling Rose Gold last week, and I have plans for featuring it on this week's Waiting on Wednesday! I also realize that I'm kind of running out of 2020 books, (yes same story as in the end of December 2019...) so if that happens, I guess I will focus on books that were published earlier than 2020 but that I haven't read yet...

Two books I will feature today are Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel and Saving Meghan by D.J Palmer, which is about, yes, mothers and daughters as well as mental illness and Munchhausen syndrome by Proxy. I also will reply to comments tomorrow. Sorry its taking me awhile to do so, but yes, I blame Royal Chaos. 


Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel
Published Date: March 17th, 2020
(From Goodreads)Sharp Objects meets My Lovely Wife in this tightly drawn debut that peels back the layers of the most complicated of mother-daughter relationships...

For the first eighteen years of her life, Rose Gold Watts believed she was seriously ill. She was allergic to everything, used a wheelchair and practically lived at the hospital. Neighbors did all they could, holding fundraisers and offering shoulders to cry on, but no matter how many doctors, tests, or surgeries, no one could figure out what was wrong with Rose Gold.

Turns out her mom, Patty Watts, was just a really good liar.

After serving five years in prison, Patty gets out with nowhere to go and begs her daughter to take her in. The entire community is shocked when Rose Gold says yes.

Patty insists all she wants is to reconcile their differences. She says she's forgiven Rose Gold for turning her in and testifying against her. But Rose Gold knows her mother. Patty Watts always settles a score.

Unfortunately for Patty, Rose Gold is no longer her weak little darling...

And she's waited such a long time for her mother to come home.

Saving Meghan by D.J Palmer
Published Date: April 9th, 2019
(From Goodreads) Can you love someone to death?

Some would say Becky Gerard is a devoted mother and would do anything for her only child. Others claim she's obsessed and can't stop the vicious circle of finding a cure at her daughter's expense.

Fifteen-year-old Meghan has been in and out of hospitals with a plague of unexplained illnesses. But when the ailments take a sharp turn, doctors intervene and immediately suspect Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a rare behavioral disorder where the primary caretaker, typically the mother, seeks medical help for made-up symptoms of a child. Is this what's going on? Or is there something even more sinister at hand?

Which of these do you find exciting and are more likely to get?

Comments

  1. This sounds like a nicely layered, but disturbing read! I hope you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sjhigbee101! I love psychological reads :D

      Delete
  2. I like the sounds of Rose Gold. My sister in law really liked Saving Meghan. Hope you enjoy both of these.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenea's Book Obsession. From summaries, it sounds one is a straight out thriller, while Saving Meghan will have a lot of ambiguity going on within...

      Delete
  3. I'm excited about Darling Rose Gold. It sounds really good. Hope you love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb :) Darling Rose Gold sounds exciting as well. I read some to my mom and she liked it too :D High chance that I will end up telling her about the story once I'll get started reading it.

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy these! I’ve heard about Munchhausen, but I’ve never read a book about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy is definitely sad and fascinating. There is also a non-fiction book about it about a woman named Lacey Spears who killed her son Garnett years back. I am a mother too, but this is difficult to comprehend. Why would someone willingly poison/make their own child ill? I know things aren't as simple as they look, but its hard to understand.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022