Friday 56 Challenge Week 9


RULES: (From fredasvoice.com)

*Grab a book, any book.

*Turn to Page 56 or 56% on your ereader.
If you have to improvise, that is okay.

*Find a snippet, short and sweet.

*Post it, and add the url to your post in the Linky below.

Also join in the fun on Instagram using the hashtags #Instagram56 #Friday56

Happy weekend to you all!

So so far, Royal Chaos, Royal Chaos and even more Royal Chaos. I also have been thinking of skipping over non 2020 books for now and I will get to them once I run out of 2020 books to post about. Anyways, enjoy my snippet! 


From page 56

" The biggest challenge, my mother said, was traveling with a baby. She had to stuff cloth into my mouth to keep me quiet as we made our way through dangerous territory. We traveled this way from Lodz to Berlin, which on a direct route was about three hundred miles. Today, on good roads in a modern vehicle, the trip would take about five hours, so I can only imagine how long and harrowing our journey was. My mother recalled a few details, apart from how awful she felt having to gag her child. It's probably just as well that she couldn't remember more; surely these were not memories to preserve- apart from that we made it."

Want More Information? Click Here 

Comments

  1. I have a book by her son, Jonathan, somewhere around here.... :-) Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022