Friday 56 Challenge Week 8

RULES: (From fredasvoice.com)

*Grab a book, any book.

*Turn to Page 56 or 56% on your ereader.
If you have to improvise, that is okay.

*Find a snippet, short and sweet.

*Post it, and add the url to your post in the Linky below.

Also join in the fun on Instagram using the hashtags #Instagram56 #Friday56

Happy weekend to you all!

I might be switching up some books out of order, that is next in line will be a book for a book tour which is due on February 5th, and the book, by the way is over 500 pages long...and e-book wise, I am reading the collaborative novel for Fresh Fiction titled All The Ways We Said Goodbye. So far its an interesting read, but yeah, I am really itching to go very far away from 20th century, more like Medieval ages. (Note to self: Find Sharon Kay Penman novels about Eleanor of Aquitaine.) 

From page 56

" "She hears fine,," Miss Myrtle said, "but she's never uttered a word to me in the thirty years she's worked for me. I love her, though. She was a second mother to my daughter, growing up. We couldn't have held this house together without her."

They chatted for a while about the competition that had brought Anna to Edenton, and once they'd finished their cake, Miss Myrtle got to her feet." 

Want more information? Go here

Comments

  1. Sometimes my reading stalls if I am reading one thing, but wanting to read something else. Hopefully that isn't the case for you.

    I've never read Diane Chamberlain, at least not that I can remember. Big Lies in a Small Town sounds good though. I like the snippet you shared.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am not sure if its the case, but I think I'm kind of chafing to get out of the assigned books and just read what I want. Thanks, am happy you liked the snippet. I really should read the books I have by her...I really liked The Good Father and thought she was the answer to Jodi Picoult. (I don't like Jodi Picoult...)

      Delete
  2. I just added this one to my list! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am happy to hear that fredamans! Hopefully you'll have a chance to read it and enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Obviously we all enters time when we aren't reading what we WANT to read and we should stop and switch over but don't. I say, unless you are reading for an assignment, it is your life. Stop and read something Medieval. My book: On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne@HeadFullofBooks. Should definitely do it. I need a 20th century historical fiction cleanse...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022