First chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros: Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany


First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach, where bloggers post the first paragraph(s) of a book they are currently reading or planning to read sometime soon.

Am still reading the last two 2019 books, and while with one I'm halfway through, (The Master and the Maid by Laura Libricz,) the other one, well 20 percent I believe? Important thing is that I like them and I'm enjoying reading them. I also need to write the reviews for the books I have. So today's sample comes from Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany, and I should warn the readers that even within the few pages, the topics are written more for adults rather than other age groups, and they include the idea of swinging, sex and marriage. With that said, enjoy today's pick!

Tell Me Everything by Amu Hatvany

Prologue

The first thing you should know about me is that I love my husband. The second is that I occasionally have sex with other men. 

Here I am, on a Saturday night, in the arms of a man we found together. He is smart, funny. He understands our need for discretion. He knows that he is only a visitor. 

I kiss this man. I undress for him and let him touch my body. He teases, as I do, him. We fall into bed, and I memorize the taste of his skin, how it feels when he pushes inside me. The number of times he makes me come. I etch every one of his movements into my memory, filing them away, like dreams. Knowing that what happens between us is everything. And yet, at the same time, nothing at all. 

When we finish, I leave, almost immediately, and go home to the man who cherishes me.

I find him waiting for me, always, knowing exactly where I've been. I hurry toward him, my flesh still scented by another man's caress, my body aching from the pleasure of what we've just done. 

Comments

  1. I recently read this one...and liked it. The characters definitely took their relationship in interesting directions. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE PLAYGROUND”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you liked it Laurel-Rain Snow :) This book is really something out of the ordinary for my normal reading hehe :D

      Delete
  2. I am suitably intrigued! Will add this to my ever growing list! Thanks :)

    Here's my Tuesday post.Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my snippet gave you a reason to add it to your TBR :) Hope you'll have a chance to read it!

      Delete
  3. I don't think it is my kind of book. See what book I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok :) What's fun about the world is how different we are from each other :) I am sure there are plenty of books that I don't think I'll read but I know others will love.

      Delete
  4. I have enjoyed this author's books, but will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will actually be my first one. Hope I'll like it. How are her other books by the way? The author does sound intriguing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022