The Sunday Post #11 A monkey and chickens


"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme" (From Caffeinated Reviewer blog)

This weekend was pretty fun so far. We celebrated Lunar New Year of sorts, especially when we had a dish from a Chinese restaurant, and steamed rice for my monkey. Today was nice weather so he, I and my mom went to a small farm near my house. Unfortunately they didn't have any cows, although the farm does include Turkey's, chickens, sheep, pigs and donkeys. My monkey was completely enthralled by chickens and loved running into the chicken house and watching the chickens come in, peck at rocks and then leave or peck one another.

Bookwise, I am almost done with Run Me To Earth and perhaps a hundred pages or so away from finishing Stefans Promise. Forgotten Reflections is still halfway through so to speak. Also for February, I made a resolution of reading a lot of books under 300 pages or less...

Last week on blog:

N/A

This week on blog:

Blood by Maggie Gee

David Lazar by Robert Kalich

Little women Volume I by Louisa May Alcott

New arrivals:

Comments

  1. I haven't read Sherlock Holmes in ages but you've made me eager to get back to it. And I'm glad you had a lovely Lunar New Year celebration! I hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend and have a great week coming up! Do pop by my round-up post if you have the time :) Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will actually be my first time reading through it. I was hesistant, but then quite recently I realized that mysteries, thrillers and so forth already dominate my reading life, so why not see what Sherlock Holmes is about?

      Delete
  2. I cheated a bit - I got hold of the Definitive Collection of Sherlock Holmes as an audiobook, compiled and narrated by Stephen Fry, which was fabulous:). I hope you enjoy delving into this collection - I loved listening to it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how listening to an audio book is cheating? I'm not a fan of audio books, but its the same as me reading a print or an ebook copy :D

      Delete
  3. I loved the Sherlock Holmes stories and love adaptations of the books as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022