The Sunday Post #10 Royal Chaos


"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme" (From Caffeinated Reviewer blog)
So I'm continuing to play Royal Chaos, which is an addictive game, and it eats away at my time. My monkey and I went to a playground today and he had a lot of fun playing with a four year old girl building sand castles out of rock and then filling up bucket with rocks and watching them slide down the slide. He also began to be sleep resistant and in some cases a bit ritualistic. Few days back I tried to read him some Russian fairy tales in Russian, and I couldn't get past the violence, although it was meant to be funny, I know. As I was reading the part about them eating a rabbit, I froze and just skipped over that. I did not realize I would become so sensitive to that! I do get anxiety that he won't know the real world, but then, toddlerhood is such a precious stage and considering how much he will have to face as years go by, I should let him dream until he is six or so...

Last week on the blog: 

N/A

This week on the blog:

Blood by Maggie Gee

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

New arrivals:



Comments

  1. The original fairytales are all so dark, I don’t blame you for skipping over bits.

    Your new arrivals all look fabulous!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey shelleyrae, thanks. I agree, they are more darker than I ever remembered. My monkey is only three, and he is very sensitive (at one point he got upset when grandpa flushed a cockroach down the toilet, and he is such a sweet caretaker for our dachshund!) at the same time, I don't want to shield him too much from real life, where he thinks Disney version of Little Mermaid is accurate and where he thinks he can succeed at everything (As much as I wish he could, its not feasible and it can blind people to faults.I should post a tale of me bursting some of my classmates' bubbles in college...)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022