The Sunday Post #7 When a Child is Sick...


"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme" (From Caffeinated Reviewer blog)

This week it really seems to be true: when it rain, it pours. This week got a lot of books, and a lot more than I thought I'd get, so please excuse the long post. For my bookish news, I am done with The Limits of the World by Jennifer Acker as well as The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. Am now reading Forgotten Reflections by Young-Im Lee and The Master and the Maid by Laura Libricz. 

Because my monkey got sick on the eve of 25th, I hadn't done a lot of reading, just a lot of worrying. It turns out he has flu type B but I am happy to say that his spirit is coming up. It is heartbreaking and sad watching him lie down and not being able to do anything which includes trains, playtime, running and riding a bicycle. He also loved the present from South Korea which turned out to be a transformer toy that can do two trains. Happy holidays and can anyone believe that in less than a week 2020 will begin? 

Last week on the blog: 

This week on the blog:

Blood by Maggie Gee

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

New arrivals:


Comments

  1. So sorry to hear your little lamb had the flu, I think people confuse heavy colds with real flu all the time - the real thing is terrible. I had it a few years ago and couldn't eat, get out of bed, my whole body hurt and my temperature spikes were a real concern: I know it will take a while for him to bounce back, but that's the great thing about kids - they don't wallow.
    I hope you enjoy reading the books you got.
    Here's my Sunday Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flora.Unfortunately I also confuse heavy colds with flu. We went to a pediatrician who did a flu test and confirmed it was the flu. I always thought the saying, 'Life stops when someone is sick,' is just a saying, but its the literal truth. So far he is doing a lot better, aside from coughing all the time, and, much to mine surprise, he tends to sleep a lot.Just wish he'd let us give him medicine, but oh no, he refuses to do that...

      Delete
  2. I hope your monkey feels better soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aj! I hope so too. I miss the healthy and mischievous monkey who drove me nuts with trains and playing with trains and even more trains...(I often like to joke that the library has his and mine 'Wanted' poster for checking out all the train books they have.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022