Bookish ( and not so bookish) thoughts #5

Thursday already? Wasn't Monday just yesterday?

1. I often have bookish fantasies that I'd like to do in real world one day: namely go somewhere beautiful and mountainous with The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe and just read surrounded by nature. Sometimes I desire to travel Heiian Japan and enjoy reading Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu. Sometimes whenever I listen to Inuyasha soundtrack, I often think of how perfect the music sounds towards Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu.

2. I have a deep connection with music, and often sense strands of stories within the tones and at times the stories have strong urges to come out. I love sad music.

3. I am enjoying The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen and sense that the authors are really enjoying messing with the readers' minds, although I'm not even halfway there yet! I am also enjoying The Limits of the World by Jennifer Acker.

4. I have been in a nostalgic mood a lot and sometimes I recall old anime I watched twenty or so years ago. I am trying to remember how I have heard of it, but realize that I can't remember. Some old anime I watched was Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and there is another one titled Escaflowne, which involves tarot and girl going back in time. At the time I was playing RPG games and they are linked together in my mind.

5. Its interesting that the only way I can sort of understand Serial Experiments Lain is through Japanese language rather than English dub. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022