It's Monday! What Are you reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organise yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them. (From thebookdate.)

Last week, I finally managed to finish up The Wife Between Us and The Limits of the World. My monkey has been sick, but has gotten better, thank goodness! Now he seems like his usual self. As we leave 2019 and begin 2020, I feel extremely saddened by the state of the world, that the lessons and experiences my parents have hoped we wouldn't experience or know, we are experiencing way too much of in the real world. And this is the world that our children and, perhaps, grandchildren will inherit. Please think about what type of world you want for people to inherit, and please at least be respectful of each other's differences. Please don't cause everyone to hate one another nor cause any type of hurt or hatred for a group different than what you believe. Let my son live in the world that will love and respect him for being who he is- a talented boy who I hope will contribute much to society.

What I read Last Week:

What I am Reading Now:

Up Next:


Comments

  1. That Churchill Woman catches my eye. Yes lets all endeavour to build a kinder better world where we all accept differences. Here in NZ we have our struggles and yet the terrible shooting of Muslims in 2019 in Christchurch opened our hearts to how we might not be doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kathryn T. It often feels that in America no matter what happens people never learn from tragedies and they rarely do things to prevent tragedies, at least in my view. In my opinion, you don't have to like someone/or someone's views, but you have to respect them and let them live their lives.

      Delete
  2. I like the cover of That Churchhill Woman. I've seen it on other blogs and it never fails to catch me eye. Sorry it has taken me all week to get to your blog. See what I read at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay Girl Who Reads. Can't wait to see what you're reading this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022