Friday 56 Challenge Week 3

RULES: (From fredasvoice.com)

*Grab a book, any book.

*Turn to Page 56 or 56% on your ereader.
If you have to improvise, that is okay.

*Find a snippet, short and sweet.

*Post it, and add the url to your post in the Linky below.

Also join in the fun on Instagram using the hashtags #Instagram56 #Friday56

Happy weekend to you all!

First week of December. Can anyone believe that the year is over already? I can't. While I admit that this year has been kind of lackluster when it came to finding good books, I am hoping that next year will be great for reads. Here is the book I will be sharing this week. Enjoy!

From Page 56:

"My hands were shaking badly. Lola had stopped swinging her legs. Chunks of scone and jam bobbed in her undrunk orange juice; untidy floating islands. A waiter came over, his face misshapen by my thoughts. His voice coming to me with the slowed-down sound of a distorted merry-go-round, asking if we needed anything else. There is nothing, I thought, anyone can give me now. I shook my head, aware that Lola had fixed me with her molten bright eyes. My darling, I thought, as I detonated the grenade." 

Want more information? Go here 

Comments

  1. The Road to Urbino looks interesting, and I like the quotes. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Breana M! You too! I look forward to starting it soon.

      Delete
  2. I want to know more based on that snippet!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :) hopefully you will get a chance to know more!

      Delete
  3. This is a a new book to me and the snippet sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @Jenea's Book Obsession. I also like the snippet, especially how the snippet ends.

      Delete
  4. You have pulled me in with curiosity!! Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) my job is done @fredamans. Hopefully you'll have a chance to read it as well and enjoy your read as well

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022