Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Freebie

 So it's Halloween, almost and I really wracked my brain about this topic: I used to read horror but not anymore. Maybe supernatural? But what? Can I make it to ten? Then I think, 10 supernatural books I own. Enjoy and happy Halloween! 

1. The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu: ghosts, body possessions and anthromorphic emotions as well as fate and hints of Death. Minus horror, sounds like a supernatural novel to me. 

2. The Golem and the Djinni by Helene Wecker: so it's a fantasy, but still, mysterious creatures coming to life and the meaning of reincarnation, faith and karma as well as a wonderful possible relationship. 

3. Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike: tied somewhere between suspense and horror, I loved this story of Death, life and isolation. 

4. The silver kiss by Anna Curtis Klause: okay, so vampires and a sweet yet tender love story. ( was written in 1990, way before Twilight...) obviously the vampire elements. 

5. Blood and chocolate by Anna Curtis Klause: I hadn't read this book, but I believe it has werewolves, and yes I will read it soon...

6. Three Souls by Janie Chang: so a young woman dies and she has to take a look at her life through three souls that come and see her. 

7. The ghost bride by Yangsze Choo: a young woman travels to underworld ( feels a lot like Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki)  and she must unravel terrible secrets about the family she has to marry. 

8. Human acts by Han Kang: either second or third story is one that deals with afterlife, and let's say it continues to haunt me without stopping. It's about Gwangju Massacres and the effects they had on people who participated in them, in particular a death of a boy. 

9. Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xueqin: yes there is supernatural in the story, that of fairies, fate and red string of fate. 

10. Like water for chocolate by Laura Esquivel: a short and stunning novella of how food communicates our emotions. 


Most likely my list would have been longer, but those ten are ones I could come up with. Aside from BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE, I read all the books and enjoyed them. Happy Halloween! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022