Top Ten Tuesday: Books I read because someone recommended them

 Unfortunately I don't have reader friends that I can talk to now. In the past though, I did get some recommendations, many unread than read. But here are some books that were recommended. 

1. The silver kiss by Anna Curtis Klause- in middle school I was going through a vampire phase and I ended up talking to a girl who told me about this wonderful hidden gem, which I ended up enjoying. 

2. Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike- one of my sister's ex friends sister was reading Christopher Pike, and when she learned I liked R.L Stine she recommended the author to me. It took me until I was in high school to fully fall in love with Christopher Pikes early works. 

3. White Oleander by Janet Fitch-  I was talking to someone on the bus who was in complete awe of the book, and I ended up being intrigued and deciding to read it. So I am in minority when I say I read it and couldn't stand it. 

4. The fault in our stars by John Green-  So i read it because at the time few of my friends recommended it to me. So I am so sorry but no, no, no. I had a lot of issues with it, one being the snooty language and other being the romance at an Anne Frank house. 

5. Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell- first time I read it was in middle school and I was kind of in competition or wanted to finish the book shortly before another girl could. ( took me a month or so, and it was my first 1,000+ page book) up until recently, I didn't like it, but now, wow, I love the writing. 

Honorable Mentions: 

6. A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini- one of my friends wanted me to read him because she wanted to know my opinion about this book. 

7. Ruby by Cynthia Bound- one of my other friends, Gd rest her soul, has heard about this book and thought I should read it. 

8. Gone girl by Gillian Flynn- same friend who passed away had watched a movie of he book and had fallen in love with it and sent it over as a surprise. 

9. The alchemists by Paul Coelho- same friend as above spoke very highly of the book and sent it over as a surprise. 

10. Nobody's angel by Karen Robards- my mom saw it for free and picked it up because to her it sounded interesting. 

11. Amanda Rose by Karen Robards- Same story. My mom saw it and thought I would find it interesting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022