G112 E-Reading The Evolution of Human Intellect: Discover the Information that Schools and Religions Aren't Yet Teaching by LN Smith

Name of Book: The Evolution of Human Intellect: Discover the Information that Schools and Religions Aren't Yet Teaching

Author: L.N Smith

ISBN: 9781465944559

Publisher: Createspace

Type of book: philosophy, what if, science fiction, religion, god, intellect, stages

Year it was published: 2012

Summary:

Why did women lose their facial hair during evolution? Where did the notion of god(s) come from? Why did self-awareness arise in the torso before migrating behind the eyes? What transition sparked the feud between science and religion? All of these questions have simple and logical answers, which are entertainingly revealed in the form of two amusement park attractions.

Opinion:

I honestly don't know how I should begin. This book also doesn't seem to fit into any particular category or an outline. Its not structured like a scholastic writing where I could pick out a mainpoint and whatnot. Its not a biography or autobiography or anything like that. Its a mixture of science fiction but it mixes in religion, philosophy and other things. Sarah, a tour guide, takes you on a journey through wisdom and time, watching how ancestors evolved and how and where the idea of god came from. I think perhaps its the writing or something about it that rubbed me the wrong way. For some odd reason I found the writing a bit boring, and the book rubbed me the wrong way. I kind of expected it to be scholarly, instead of a thesis type book. I am sorry that I didn't like the book that much.

Quick notes: I would like to thank the author for the opportunity to read and review the book.

3 out of 5
(0: Stay away unless a masochist 1: Good for insomnia 2: Horrible but readable; 3: Readable and quickly forgettable, 4: Good, enjoyable 5: Buy it, keep it and never let it go.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022