G68 Sex: How to get More of it; A guy's roadmap to paraidse, in and otu of the bedroom

Title of the book: Sex: How to get More of it; A guy's road map to paradise, in and out of the bedroom

Author: Jodi Ambrose

Publisher: In Your Face publishing

Publishing Date: 2011

ISBN: 9780615443430

Summary:

How can you make your woman happy and also get what you need? Believe it or not, it's not impossible! And it doesn't cost more than a couple of bucks here and there--no trips to Italy or expensive jewelry required.

In this handbook, which I've kept intentionally short and to-the-point, you will get insight into how women think so that you can speak and behave in a way that will reignite her passion for you. To help you with this I've come up with THE LIST which contains 20 easy things you can do to make your relationship happier, more peaceful, and full of love, romance and sex.

Ultimately, women want to feel safe, loved, appreciated and cherished. I'm going to give you the tools you need to help her feel exactly that.

Enjoy the handbook and I hope it helps bring you and your girl joy that will last a lifetime.

PS: Just wanted to give you all fair warning... this book gets down to brass tacks. It's mouthy, sometimes sarcastic and (gasp!) uses an occasional cuss word, but it is also very much from the heart. If you are delicate in nature, be prepared. But if you just want the honest truth about how to be happier with your woman, and don't mind a little feistiness in the process, you are in the right place.

Other Works:

She also wrote Intimacy: How to get More of it a peek into understanding the male mind as well as Darn Good Eats: The Cookbook for Creative Chefs and Reluctant Cooks

Background:

(from goodreads.com)

url
http://www.goodreads.com/jodiambrose

gender
female

website
http://jodiambrose.com

twitter username
JodiAmbrose

genre
Humor, Health, Mind & Body, Cookbooks

influences
Thoughtful people who have something to say!

member since
August 2011

Theme:

Want to know the secret of what it takes to keep a woman happy? The author will teach you how to do it, and it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars.

Problems addressed: 

Men often struggle with trying to keep women in their lives happy and satisfied. Very often they will feel that the only way to a woman's heart is through expensive and grand gestures, when in fact its the small things that a man does.

Summary of content:

"So, why would you bother reading this handbook? Easy answer: it will get you laid. Ever heard the expression, 'happy wife, happy life?' yeah, yeah, I know...not fair. Why doesn't yoru happiness come into play? It does, I assure you. If your woman is happy with you, she will do things for you that she otherwise wouldn't." (1)

Thesis:

 "In this handbook, I'll share with you the secrets to figuring out women. We're pretty easy, once you know the tricks of the trade. Keep in mind, what we're going to discuss works for most women unless they have a clinical personality disorder, are pure evil, or are just plain nuts. From these women I recommend you immediately run. I cannot help you if you like the crazy bitches. With them, you are on your own." (1)

Main points:

There are 20 list point items on how to keep a woman happy. I will not list all of them, but only five
.
* We always want to know we are your number one priority.
*Small compliments all the time are WAY better than a trip to Hawaii
*Be happy if she's smart, or understanding if she's stupid
*Don't fart around her
*Occasionally clean the kitchen or vacuum the living room.

Why its interesting and informative:

Fortunately or unfortunately, most of men and women can't live without one another, and almost all our lives we spend trying to figure out the opposite gender. (Don't believe me about that? Almost all the books, fiction and non-fiction, are devoted to love in one way or another.) Men struggle with understanding women in their lives, and many women are cultured to be secretive about themselves. The author herself isn't shy and is very straight on with advice. Almost all the time I found myself agreeing with her advice.

Supports thesis:

I'm a girl last time I checked, and I agreed many times with what she wrote and said on how to keep women happy. She addresses many common issues that men have a hard time understanding with when it comes to women, and I am tempted that if I should ever date, I would ask that person to read this book so they can understand me.

Special features:

There is a summary about the common themes one observes as well as a list of how women keep a checkpoint system which is easy to understand and isn't verbose as John Grey's system. There is also a list of the chapters and ideas she will cover more in depth.

Addressing Issues:

Women aren't as complicated as they seem to men, which is one of the themes, and contrary to what the man may think, it doesn't take millions of dollars to keep us happy.

Ideas in book vs larger ideas:

I can well imagine the dread that major brands and distributors will go through once they see the simplicity of keeping a woman happy. While big baubles are nice, what's nicer is small things happening everyday instead of something that should take up a whole year. I also think that this is affordable advice for all classes and incomes and so forth. If you're a woman reading this book, she doesn't talk down or make you feel less than and I'm surprised that the book isn't as popular as it should be. Its a good version of Men are From Mars and Women are From Venus.

Agree/Disagree with author's opinions:

98 percent of the time I was reading this book, I agreed with her advice and her expanding on the list items. When I read Men, Women and Relationships by John Gray, I remember something about the book rubbed me the wrong way, perhaps a feeling that women were to blame for unhappiness. She doesn't assign this kind of blame and for those who will read the book, I'm sure this will be more agreeable than John Gray's books. Besides, if nothing else, its 38 pages and a very succinct and worthwhile read.

Sources: 

The author used personal anecdotes and friends and family members. If she has used self help books, they're not mentioned at all.

Conclusion:

I would highly recommend that both genders, men and women, would read this short book and they will come away far smarter about themselves and the opposite gender. It is only 38 pages as I have mentioned earlier, not 1000 pages.

Personal opinion:

I agreed with a lot that she has written, and some of the things about the book have surprised me, such as what might happen if the man might not put the toilet seat down, or how a man should show his love through touch and randomness rather than routine and clockwork.

Quick notes: I would like to thank the author for the opportunity to read and review the book. This entire review will be published in my blog, on amazon and goodreads.

 5 out of 5
 (0: Stay away unless a masochist 1: Good for insomnia 2: Horrible but readable; 3: Readable and quickly forgettable, 4: Good, enjoyable 5: Buy it, keep it and never let it go.)

Comments

  1. Yet again, you are simply wonderful! Thank you so very much for the incredible review. It warms my heart that you enjoyed the books so much. I can't tell you what your words mean to me.

    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    XOOX,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022