Book Review of #14 One Last Kiss by R.L Stine

Name of book: One Last Kiss

Author Name: R.L Stine

ISBN: 0-307-24803-8

Publisher: Parachute Press

Part of a Series: Fear Street Sagas: Door of Death, Hand of Power afterwards. Before: Faces of Terror, Chamber of Fear, Circle of Fire, etc, all the way to A New Fear

Type of book: Young adult, 1730, vampires, Fier

Year it was published: September 1998

Summary:

 Eleanor Rawlins's mother was killed by vampires-now her father is obsessed with killing them. Eleanor jsut wants a normal life-but that's not possible. Even her handsome neighbor Trevor Fier can't protect her from the creatures of the night and their kiss of death...

Characters:

I think that the characters here are much more on a deeper scale rather than in previous novels. But because the book was not longer, it is impossible to go deeply into their psyches to understand them.

Theme:

I'm honestly uncertain of what the message is. I think that more than anything, this was written purely for the entertainment. I think that hidden message is that sometimes you can escape your destiny.

Plot:

This was written in third person limited point of view, from Eleanor in particular. As I mentioned, I think that in someways the book tends to be predictable and I feel that it should have been longer than it was.

Author Information:

R.L Stine was born on October 8th 1943 and is most famous for other Fear Street series along with Goosebumps series and Nightmare Room. Goosebumps and Nightmare Room were made into TV series ages ago.

Opinion:

In all honesty, this is one of the better Fear Street Sagas books. The writing was pretty cool, along with characters and the scene. Unfortunately the ending seemed to be a little too quick for me, and I feel that the book should have been a tad bit longer than it already was. Some things are a tad bit predictable though. The novel is a bit of a typical vampire novel, which means no sparkling prancing Edward and the gang. (There is brooding there...but not a lot.)

4 out of 5
(0: Stay away unless a masochist 1: Good for insomnia 2: Horrible but readable; 3: Readable and quickly forgettable, 4: Good, enjoyable 5: Buy it, keep it and never let it go.)

Comments

  1. Hey, thanks for your review.
    This was 1 of my favourites in highschool, 2001. A cliche yet I can't seem to forget the romance there. Haha.
    Keep up the good review. It's been ages since my last read. And my vocabs are so bad right now.. Please don't mind my english as it isn't actually my native language.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022