Interview with Elizabeth Mckenna author of Venice in the Moonlight



1.    Do you have another profession besides writing?
I am a technical writer for a software company. I telecommute from home, which has allowed me over the years to be a mom, a professional, and a fiction writer all at the same time.
           
    2.        If you’re a mom writer, how do you balance your time?
It isn’t easy, which is why it takes me so long to write a book. Sometimes I write in the minivan while I am waiting for them to finish an activity. They are teenagers now and like to write also, so they understand when mom locks herself in her office.
           
    3.        If you could go back in time, where would you go?
I wouldn’t go back too far. I like the Hollywood glamor of the late 1940s/50s. I love to watch the black and white movies where the woman has semi-curled hair and a beautiful evening gown.
           
    4.        Favorite dessert?
It used to be anything with chocolate, but my doctor took that away from me. I love my grandmother’s recipe for apple crisp.
           
    5.        What   is your next project?
I am working on a contemporary romance titled, First Crush. Here is the description I have been using:

Remember your first crush? How your heart raced and your cheeks flushed whenever you saw him? Jessie Baxter does, and it’s happening all over again at her high school reunion. Lee Archer is The One Who Got Away. Despite Jessie’s best efforts, he only wanted to be friends. Fifteen years later, things are different. Lee wants more, but first Jessie has to unload some baggage—the biggest one being a psycho ex-husband. Will Jessie learn to trust again and make her first crush into her last love?


Elizabeth McKenna’s latest novel will have you remembering the angst of high school, the grief of a failed relationship, and the happiness of true love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022