Book Review of Having the Billionaire's Baby by Sandra Hyatt

Name of Book: Having the Billionaire's Baby

Author: Sandra Hyatt

ISBN: 978-0-373-76956-8

Publisher: Silhouette Desire

Type of book: Adult, romance, business, predictions, pregnancy

Year it was published: 2009

Summary:

That business card couldn't be right. Callie Jamieson had just spent one impulsive, passionate night in the arms of the hottest, most irresistible stranger she'd ever met. And morning's light revealed her lover to be new PR client, billionaire Nick Brunicadi...

One sizzling night of passion, then she was gone. Undaunted, Nick was determined to find and have his fill of his mysterious seductress... a seductress, he discovered, who was carrying his heir!

Characters:

The characters can both be described as workaholics and are suitable for one another. While Calypso, or Callie as she is called in the book, tends to be a somewhat sympathetic character to me, I had a difficult time figuring her and the motivations out. Neither she nor Nick are memorable for me, that is I can't recall any specific details or facts about them! Also, I didn't appreciate Callie pointlessly generating conflict between her and Nick, or feeling unable to explain her true feelings to him.

Theme:

Although this is a romance novel, this really had a fairy tale feeling to it, and I couldn't help wondering if the theme was that don't worry the guy will stay by you no matter what. There are cases where the lesson isn't true, or where it ends up worse. I'm not really sure what I was supposed to learn from the book, sorry to say.

Plot:

This was in third person narrative from Callie's and Nick's points of views. To an extent the plot might be easy to follow, although the details difficult for me to understand, sorry to say. I think its because I'm not a business major, and unfortunately if I don't understand the details or whatever else, it can really kill the book for me.

Author Information:

After completing a business degree, traveling and then settling into a career in marketing, Sandra Hyatt was relieved to experience one of life's "eureka!" moments while on maternity leave when she discovered that writing books, although a lot slower, was just as much fun as reading them.

She knows life doesn't always hand out happy endings and figures that's why books ought to. She loves being along for the journey with her character as they work around, over and through the obstacles standing in their way.

Sandra has lived in both the US and England and currently lives near the coast in New Zealand with her high school sweetheart and their children.

You can visit her at www. sandrahyatt.com

(Unfortunately the author passed away in 2011)

Opinion:

I got this book by chance while shopping at a local goodwill store. I have to admit that the cover really intrigued me, which caused me to get this book. I wish I could say that this was a really good book, but I can't say that. While the book wasn't terrible, for some odd reason it didn't catch me either. I think I had a difficult time relating to either the hero or the heroine, and the business things really confused the heck out of me, sorry to say.

3 out of 5
(0: Stay away unless a masochist 1: Good for insomnia 2: Horrible but readable; 3: Readable and quickly forgettable, 4: Good, enjoyable 5: Buy it, keep it and never let it go.)

Comments

  1. Years ago, meeting a mllionaire was excitng. Now it's a billionaire. I don't read many books, but wonder if Harlequin also have a few books where the very successful woman is meeting a much less successful man, and falling in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Giora. If you know of any books, please let me know :) Interesting question though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sveta, I found Harlequin Blog, and when a relevant topic will be there, I will post a question and let you know their answer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022