Coming Attractions for July 2020

What else can I write besides the fact that I am living in a new COVID-19 hotspot and that I feel as if the world is over? I always admire Medieval Ages and have been fascinated by Black Death (Bubonic Plague), but I don't want to experience it firsthand, and never wanted to experience it firsthand. Disappointment weighs heavily on my soul that my four year old son is experiencing a year I never wanted him to experience and I feel helpless to do anything about it. What I learned about myself through these difficult terms is that I don't go with mob mentality; I can't do that. I am a questioner by nature, someone hungry for knowledge. I promise to post more reviews these upcoming months and hopefully there will be positive news. If not, I will be doing my best to stay safe. Pictures will be added later. (Blogger can't add pictures straight through links, which means I have to save pictures and then upload them...) 

Books/spotlights: 

Bound; A Daughter, A Domme, and an End-of-Life Story by Elizabeth Anne Wood (July 1st, 2020)

American Dreamer; How I escaped Communist Vietnam and Built a Successful Life in America by Tim Tran (Tran Manh Khiem) (July 2nd, 2020)

He Started it by Samantha Downing (July 21st, 2020)

Heart of a Mustang by M.J Evans (July 29th, 2020)

Possible reviews: 

How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez 

Truths I never told you by Kelly Rimmer 

Hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet by Jamie Ford

Cometh the hour by Annie Whitehead

Run me to earth by Paul Yoon

These ghosts are family by Maisy Card

Planned reads:

The land beyond the sea by Sharon Kay Penman

The Barrowfields by Phillip Lewis

Living Treasures by Yang Huang

Friendswood by Rene Steinke 

The Takeaway Men by Meryl Ain

Don't You Know There's a War on? By Janet Todd

Does anybody else look like me? a parent's guide to raising multiracial children by Donna Jackson Nakazawa 

For fresh fiction:

Glorious Boy by Aimee Liu

The Woman before Wallis by Bryn Turnbull

Spring Forward by Catherine Anderson

The Huntress by Kate Quinn

The Second Sister by Claire Kendall

Will be posting fresh fiction links to:

Crimson Lake by Candice Fox (Fresh Pick)


All the Ways We Said Goodbye by Karen White, Lauren Willig, Beatriz Williams (Fresh Pick)


The Sea of Lost Girls by Carol Goodman


A Good Man by Ani Katz


Lost Autumn by Mary-Rose MacColl


The Familiar Dark by Amy Engel


The Lost Orphan by Stacey Halls


The Operator by Gretchen Berg (Fresh Pick)


A Tender Thing by Emily Neuberger


The Summer of Ellen by Agnete Friis


The Wartime Sisters by Lynda Cohen Loigman


Sister Dear by Hannah Mary McKinnon


The Library of Legends by Janie Chang


Little Gods by Meng Jin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022