G242 E-Reading Book Review of Trust: Pandora's Box by Cristiane Serruya (The Elegant and Intelligent Fifty Shades of Grey)

Name of Book: Trust: Pandora's Box

Author: Cristiane Serruya

ISBN: 9781489524508

Publisher: CreateSpace

Part of a Series: Trust Trilogy

Type of book: Erotica, marriage, trust, issues, England, realism, 2010-2011, plot, spy, Pandora's Box, philosophy, maturity, surprises, infertility, legends, family

Year it was published: 2014

Summary:

TRUST: PANDORA'S BOX, the last installment of the TRUST TRILOGY, follows Ethan, Alistair and Sophia as each one of them strives to live happily ever after. But a greedy man, who has uncovered the many secrets and wrong deeds committed by Ethan, Alistair and Sophia, realizes they could be worth millions. Many are invited to join his team. Each one has an agenda. Each one has a target. Things get out of control when Pandora's Box is opened and the demons are let loose. With so many enemies out for revenge, what will the future bring to Ethan, Alistair and Sophia? Eventually, wishes and nightmares come true... Will hope survive?
This book is the last installment of the TRUST TRILOGY and contains graphic sex scenes and mild violence. Indicated for mature audiences.

Characters:

The characters stayed the same but at the same time they changed realistically and became more of what they are: Sophia continues to be a strong-willed young woman who is determined to do the best she can for her daughter and for her husband. She struggles with placing burdens on those she loves and tries to maintain her sense of perfection. Alistair continues to be his charismatic self but at the same time he seemed to have thawed towards Sophia and Gabriella and tries to do whatever he can to let Gabriella and Sophia know how much they mean to him. Ethan, it seems, went through a lot of changes such as the fact he is okay with children, and he learned a lot of valuable lessons about himself and the way he treated people along the way. Barbara also went through some dramatic changes and I do hope that one day in a book she will discover real love.

Theme:

Through chaos there are good things too. Due to the title, I keep thinking of Pandora's Box, how Pandora opened it and out flew the ills of the world, and when she closed it, only one good thing remained: hope

Plot:

The story is in third person narrative from a lot of characters' points of view. Like in the previous two books, there is little warning when she decides to switch from one point of view to another, at least in most cases, but there is separation between the main guys and the bad guys so to speak. I have to say that Ethan and Barbara really matured and grew in the story. While the story is about Sophia and Alistair, I do feel that Ethan, in particular, outshines them. It's a very worthy conclusion to Trust Trilogy and is fitting for what happened to the characters. I also felt as if I was coming back home whenever I started to read the book.

Author Information:
(from goodreads.com)

born
in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil April 25, 1970

gender
female

website
http://cristianeserruya.com.br

twitter username
CrisSerruya

genre
Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit

influences
Classic literature, historical romance

member since
November 2012

I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with my husband and two daughters. I'm a lawyer, who specializes in cases of sexual abuse and violence against children and women. I also have a Masters in Business Law and a BA in Fine Arts.

I've always loved to read, write and listen to music. I lived and studied in England, France, Italy and Switzerland. Traveling is one of my passions - as is keeping fit and healthy.

After twenty-two years of practicing law, I decided to give writing a go. And - amazingly - it was just the piece that was missing in my life.

Opinion:

First of all, I'm sorry that I'm pretty late with this review. I have previously read the unedited version, and now I've started and finished reading the edited version. I do feel that the edited version is a whole lot better than the unedited version because Ethan grows in very unexpected ways and he doesn't feel or seem to be cast-off as with unedited version. Although he was a bit of a douchebag in previous books, I have to say that in this one he seemed to grow on me again and I felt pity and sadness for the child he used to be. Sophia and Alistair continue their various struggles realistically and a lot of unexpected surprises-pleasant and unpleasant-come their way, yet through it all, their love survives. I do admit that the spy plot of the story made a bit more sense to me and that also there was a lot of mystery as to who's who and why. The strong points in the story, in my opinion, were the characters and the fact that a lot of unexpected characters were three dimensional and given more room to grow.

5 out of 5
(0: Stay away unless a masochist 1: Good for insomnia 2: Horrible but readable; 3: Readable and quickly forgettable, 4: Good, enjoyable 5: Buy it, keep it and never let it go.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022