Book Review Policy

Book Review Policy

UPDATE: As of November 2nd, 2015, I am pretty much limiting to what I will or will not accept to read and review. I have a lot of books and promises to uphold, (some dating years...O__o) and I want to get through these first before accepting and disappointing anyone else. Thank you for understanding. Also, I will NOT be accepting e-books. 

UPDATE: October 31st, 2013 I'm open to review requests (until noted otherwise) but please keep in mind I try to be as selective as possible to ensure that each book I read and review receives the necessary time and attention it deserves. I review books that I like and dislike and am very honest about my tastes. If there are particular reasons I did not like the book, and if the review will fall below 2 stars, I will email the writer(s) and let them know that I did not like the book and whether or not they'd like me to review it. I do this for free on my own time. I'm not paid or compensated for the hobby.

UPDATE: April 3rd, 2013: For the time being I am closed to book reviews (until noted otherwise, and I have lots of cool books to read and sift through...) If you still want to send me a book for a review, you are welcome to do so, but it will have to be low or none priority.  I review books that I like and dislike and am very honest about my tastes. If there are particular reasons I did not like the book and it happens to fall below 3 stars, I will email the writer(s) and let them know that I did not like the book and whether or not they'd like me to review it. I do this for free on my own time. I'm not paid or compensated for the hobby.

March 17th,  2013: I am currently open to review requests (until noted otherwise) but please keep in mind I try to be as selective as possible to ensure that each book I read and review receives the necessary time and attention it deserves. I review books that I like and dislike and am very honest about my tastes. If there are particular reasons I did not like the book, and if the review will fall below 2 stars, I will email the writer(s) and let them know that I did not like the book and whether or not they'd like me to review it. I do this for free on my own time. I'm not paid or compensated for the hobby.

Contact me: svet UNDERSCORE chick AT Yahoo DOT ca

Genres I DO review*: Contemporary fiction, Historical Fiction, Literary Fiction, Women’s Fiction, Chick-lit (selectively though), Classical novels, unique ones, young adults and kids fiction, Jewish fiction, romance novels (I don't discuss sex scenes, but focus on characters instead.)

I have begun reviewing non-fiction genres, although I have not reviewed history books yet, but I did review primary sources, self-help type novels, please click here for the Non-fiction books I reviewed

* Please understand that just because a book you propose falls into a given genre that I enjoy reading, doesn’t mean that particular book will appeal to me.

Genres I AM NOT INTO: Christian fiction/non-fiction, science fiction, horror, erotica, inspirational romance, humor, (oddly enough I don't find "humorous" books to be humorous.)  anti-Jewish books, interracial minority Female and white male romance stories (I like white female or Jewish female/ minority male novels)

Acceptable book submission types:

At the moment I don't accept e-books because I feel that I have too many of them, and I want to read and sort ones I have before accepting new ones.

Review timeframe: In all honesty I post reviews when I have at least three books to review. I'm a fast reader though. If there is a specific deadline you'd like me to post the review, please let me know right away and I will get finished by them.

Miscellaneous: Your ARCs are safe with me – I do not believe in selling them!

For any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Comments

  1. Hi Svetlana,
    I'm not clear. Are you reviewing now?
    Bob
    thebrinkof@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022