March 19th-March 25th, 2023

 The Sunday Post


The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

#25 Mental Struggle

I'm not sure what has been going on with me: I've been feeling a lot of blahs or neutrality quite lately. My usual go to of going somewhere alone and enjoying dinner didn't work. I also am sorry that my last week's thing hasn't been updated. My allergies have begun which isn't fun at all...

I am grateful week is over because for me it has been quite a bit tough: first is spring break is over which wasn't as eventful as I hoped it would be (namely certain someone cancelling on me three times in a row...wait make that four....) My son is pretty excited about his birthday (seventh) which is coming up in mere days and he seems to have passion for space and some for Star Wars. Oh yes, don't worry there are signs (literally) everywhere saying his birthday is coming up soon. 

Last Week On The Blog

the magician's daughter by h.g. parry

the justice of kings by richard swan

This Week On The Blog: evil things by katja ivar and shoot the horses first by leah angstman 

New Arrivals At svetlana's reads and views: 

 



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 


(From The Book Date)

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are about to be reading over the week. It’s a great post to organise yourself. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and er… add to your groaning TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn here at The Book Date.
Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels or anything in those genres – join them.

Paragraph: So I am still reading The Tyranny of Faith by Richard Swan as well as Emperor of Ruin by Django Wexler. I am surprised by how much I'm liking Emperor of Ruin mainly because I'm not big fan of science fiction, yet I like this science fiction/fantasy mix. I also should read the previous books soon to get the background information. The Tyranny of Faith is also very good and I hope to gods that in 2024 I will get a chance to read the third book of the series...

Reading:
 

 101/ 435                               71/546


Plans: 
  






Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

How it works:

I assign each Tuesday a topic and then post my top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join me and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

You’ll find the schedule of upcoming TTT topics below so you can plan ahead. I’ll post a Linky here on the blog each week so you can link up your post (if you want). If you don’t have a blog, post your picks in the comment section below! Have tons of fun talking books and getting to know your fellow bloggers!

NOTE: If a weekly topic is listed as a “freebie”, you are invited to come up with your own topic. Sometimes I will give your topic a theme, such as “love”, a season, or an upcoming holiday. That just means that you can come up with any topic you want that fits under that umbrella.

You’re more than welcome to use the Top Ten Tuesday image I designed above (or any of my older/seasonal ones), or make your own that fits your site’s theme.

March 21: TTT Rewind (Pick a previous topic that you missed or would like to re-do/update.)

Shelf Control


Welcome to Shelf Control — an original feature created and hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies.

Shelf Control is a weekly celebration of the unread books on our shelves. Pick a book you own but haven’t read, write a post about it (suggestions: include what it’s about, why you want to read it, and when you got it), and link up! For more info on what Shelf Control is all about, check out my introductory post, here.

Want to join in? Shelf Control posts go up every Wednesday. See the guidelines at the bottom of the post, and jump on board!

Title:  The American Heiress 

Author: 

Published: 

Length: 

What it’s about (synopsis via Goodreads):

How and when I got it:

Why I want to read it:

What do you think? Would you read this book? And if you’ve read it, do you recommend it?

Please share your thoughts!

Books from Backlog


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks.

If you would like to join in, please feel free to enter your link, link back to this post, and then spend some time visiting some of the other posts.

This week’s neglected book 

Book Title: The heretic queen 

Series:

Publisher:

Genres:

Pages: 

Format:

Source:

Summary:

Why did I add <Book Title> to my bookshelf?

What are your thoughts? Have you read this book?  Would you recommend it?

Let's Talk Bookish 


March 24: Do Genres Change Over Time? (Davida Chazan @ The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog)

Prompts: Is there a genre you think is done better or worse today than it was in the past? How is it better today or how is it it worse than it was before? What differences do you see that make them better or worse? Do you think that the quality of genres follow certain trends over time?

Stacking the Shelves 


Book Titles I got this week: (if available)




Planned Reviews: (If available. Use pictures)


Comments

  1. Sorry your week was blah. I hope this week is better.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/blog-1/2023/3/12/on-my-nightstand-march-12-2023-3x56s

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022