Blog Challenge Day 04: Family



For the topic of family, I decided to go with Truths I Never Told You by Kelly Rimmer. Two of the most important things that a person can have is family and/or friends. A lot of books have been written about friendships, sisterhoods, parental/child relationships, and for good reason: a family is an incredibly complex organism that human experience cannot capture. All I knew when I began reading Truths I Never Told You is that its a Kelly Rimmer story: its one of my favorite authors, it came out in April, and it dealt with Post-partum depression. Much to mine surprise, the main characters, the four siblings of Beth, Timothy, Ruth and Jeremy are very close to one another and to their widowed father Patrick, even going as far as having meals together once a week. 

While such closeness is to be commended, especially during the trying times that are ahead for the siblings, it can become even more difficult for people like spouses or girlfriends/boyfriends become part of the family. Kelly Rimmer is truly a gem in writing beautiful and heartfelt stories of human condition and experience, and I honestly feel sad that such a wonderful and talented author is eclipsed by Jodi Picoult (I am sorry, but I don't like Jodi Picoult...) 

Comments

  1. I come from a large family, so this sounds very relatable. Fits the theme to a tee!

    Also, don't see a whole lot of authors talking about Post-partum depression. This one should be worth a read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G324 E-Reading Book Review of Mozart's Wife by Juliet Waldron

October 16th- October 22nd, 2022

October 9th-October 15th, 2022